Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Oy, He Won't Grow !

He's too thin! He won't grow! This is a very important time when his body needs meat! He won't get any protein! He won't develop normally! I don't like this! I'm sorry, but I have a problem with this! I disagree! What kind of mishegas (craziness) is this!? 


OH, did I hear about allowing my son to eat a vegan diet. From time to time, I still do! I had to get used to people rolling their eyes at me. I remember the first time I told the pediatrician about his diet, even he rolled his eyes at me. I didn't like that. I thought it was very disrespectful. I knew then that I had to seriously educate myself. I was getting tired of having to defend my son's diet. Much to my surprise, when we did get questioned, especially in restaurants, my son was quick to not only answer any question thrown at him, he displayed great pleasure  and enjoyment in explaining and educating people, and even trying to dispel any myths or misconceptions about his choices. This proved to me that people are curious about my son, and want to know and understand why he chose to be vegan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment