Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

What's For Lunch?

It's only September, and I am already running out of ideas for my son's school lunch! I started off strong, I really did. However, I find that I am resorting back to the same old peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I do realize how important and nutritious it is for a vegan to include nuts in the daily diet, so including peanut butter in your daily diet is very important as it packs a powerful protein punch! I would LOVE to receive comments and any ideas on this topic.

OK, so along with the old pb&j sandwich I have come up with these salads for school lunch as it is a portable option. Yummy and good for you too.

This salad is very quick to prepare at 6:30am on a school day morning. Simply microwave one Boca original chik'n meatless patty for 1 minute. While it cools, fill a portable container with baby spinach leaves, romaine lettuce, tomato and the chik'n patty cut up in bite size pieces. 






In this salad, I expanded and added some black beans. And don't forget the salad dressing! I make my own Russion salad dressing by simply mixing some ketchup and vegenaise. (Great mayo alternative)



ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment